- The candidate must hold an LLB/Equivalent Degree in law from a recognized University with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in case of General Category or 45% marks or equivalent CGPA in case of SC/ST Category candidates.
- Candidates appearing for the final year qualifying examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, subject to completion of all the requirements and fulfilment of eligibility criteria in due course of time.
- The selection for the programme will be based on a National Level Online Remotely Proctored entrance test followed by a Personal Interview of the candidates. weightage of the selection process will be as follows:
|Remotely Proctored Online MCQ Test||70%|
- In case, if any seats remain vacant after the conclusion of the GMU LL.M. admission process, the same will be filled based on the merit secured by the candidates in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) – 2021. CLAT-2021 aspirants are also required to make an application for admission by following the aforementioned process and select CLAT-2021 as the mode of admission. (https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/)
Candidates interested to take admission in Master of Laws (LL.M) and Executive Diploma Programme are required to fill the online application form through GMU website. APPLY NOW
- Master of Laws (LL.M) : 1000.00/- (for SC/ST Candidates fees is 500.00/- )
- NRI and Foreign Nationals: 10000/-
One year full time course
|Course||All India Seats||Others||Total|
|General||SC (15%)||ST (7.5%)||NRI (10%)||Foreign National (10%)|
|Master of Laws (LL.M)-Maritime Law||17||5||2||3||3||30|
|Master of Laws (LL.M)- International Trade Law||17||5||2||3||3||30|
- 30 seats each for Master of Laws (LL.M) in Maritime Law and Master of Laws (LL.M) in International Trade Law.
- On All India seats, a horizontal reservation of 30% shall be made in favour of Female candidates, 5% of seats for Specially Abled Persons/Persons with Disability (PWD) category and 25% of seats shall be made in favour of candidates of Gujarat Domicile, cutting across all the above categories.
- NRI category seats are available to NRI candidates or Indian nationals sponsored by NRI as per Court Guidelines. CLAT merit will be used for the admission to NRI quota. Candidates are required to fill application form of GMU and must appear for CLAT 2020. Admission will be strictly according to the CLAT ranking.
- Foreign National category seats are available to Foreign Nationals only i.e. candidates with foreign citizenship. Candidates seeking admission under the Foreign National category are not required to appear in the CLAT and shall apply directly to the GMU for consideration of their candidature. The Minimum eligibility criteria is same as give above.
- No transfer of candidates once admitted under NRI and Foreign National category to any another category is permitted. Unfilled seats of any category, if any, shall be filled, as per the decision of GMU.
- The Applicant must ensure his / her eligibility for the admission in respect of qualifications and other requisite criteria and only then apply.
- Applicants/Professionals in service must attach NOC from respective institutions along with the application.
- Applicant are required to apply online through given link only. Application/ CV / Bio-Data sent through e-mail/or otherwise will not be considered under any circumstances.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending/participating in the admission process.
- The University reserves the right to alter / insert any corrections / additions in the scheme through website in the event of any typographical error or as required,
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time, at the time of admission or during the course of study. In case, it is found that the information(s) given by the candidate are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the information, then his / her admission shall be terminated.
- The decision of the University Authorities on any/ all matters in relation to this admission shall be final and binding.
For further information / query, please contact: The School of Maritime Law, Policy and Administration Gujarat Maritime University Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Admission Queries Call us on +91-6356894500