Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission in following programmes:
- LL.M in Maritime Law/International Trade Law
LL.M in Maritime Law/International Trade Law
- LL.B. degree/equivalent degree in law from a recognized University, with not less than 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST students).
- Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination can appear provisionally, subject to the production of necessary qualification documents before or at the time of admission.
- Candidates seeking admission in LL.M must appear for the Common Law Admission Test 2019, conducted by Consortium of National law Universities (https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/)
- Candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of CLAT merit (Common Law Admission Test)
Candidates interested to take admission in LL.M and Post Graduate Diploma are required to fill the online application form through GMU website.
- Post Graduate Diploma : 4000.00/- (for SC/ST Candidates fees is 2000.00/-)
- LL.M : 1000.00/- (for SC/ST Candidates fees is 500.00/- )
- NRI and Foreign Nationals: 10000/-
One year full time course (both programmes)
||All India Seats
||Foreign National (10%)
|LL.M- International Trade Law
- 30 seats each for LL.M in Maritime Law and LL.M in International Trade Law.
- The number of seats for LL.M and Post Graduate Diploma will be 15 each per program and the University may decide to increase the number of seats depending upon the applications received. The University may also alter the ratio of seats for the programmes.
- On All India seats, a horizontal reservation of 30% shall be made in favour of Female candidates, 5% of seats for Specially Abled Persons/Persons with Disability (PWD) category and 25% of seats shall be made in favour of candidates of Gujarat Domicile, cutting across all the above categories.
- NRI category seats are available to NRI candidates or Indian nationals sponsored by NRI as per Court Guidelines. CLAT merit will be used for the admission to NRI quota. Candidates are required to fill application form of GMU and must appear for CLAT 2019. Admission will be strictly according to the CLAT ranking.
- Foreign National category seats are available to Foreign Nationals only i.e. candidates with foreign citizenship. Candidates seeking admission under the Foreign National category are not required to appear in the CLAT and shall apply directly to the GMU for consideration of their candidature. The Minimum eligibility criteria is same as give above.
- No transfer of candidates once admitted under NRI and Foreign National category to any another category is permitted. Unfilled seats of any category, if any, shall be filled, as per the decision of GMU.
- The Applicant must ensure his / her eligibility for the admission in respect of qualifications and other requisite criteria and only then apply.
- Applicants/Professionals in service must attach NOC from respective institutions along with the application.
- Applicant are required to apply online through given link only. Application/ CV / Bio-Data sent through e-mail/or otherwise will not be considered under any circumstances.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending/participating in the admission process.
- The University reserves the right to alter / insert any corrections / additions in the scheme through website in the event of any typographical error or as required,
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time, at the time of admission or during the course of study. In case, it is found that the information(s) given by the candidate are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the information, then his / her admission shall be terminated.
- The decision of the University Authorities on any/ all matters in relation to this admission shall be final and binding.
For further information / query, please contact:
The School of Law, Policy and Administration
Gujarat Maritime University